Annual Membership Fee
Due once a year, every year, for any J&R Sportsplex program
Monthly Tuition Fees & policy
Tuition is due on or before the 25th of the proceeding month. For multiple classes or Sibling Discount, please check with office.
Once the student is placed in class, they are enrolled in an ongoing basis unless 30 days’ written notice is provided to the office. A family is responsible for tuition payment until the end of the 30-day notification period.
Families are required to provide a credit card to be kept on file for payment online or via the office. This ensures your on-time payment every month and guarantees your child’s specific class space is held.
FIRST CHILD | 1 CLASS PER WEEK
SECOND CHILD OR 2 CLASSES PER WEEK
Policies for the Dance Department
Listed below are some things we want you and your child to be aware of and discuss together before your next class. If you have any questions, please ask the office or the instructor.
- Proper attire is required for ALL dance students (see dance description chart). The proper apparel is worn for uniformity. If you are unsure about the proper apparel for your child’s class, please ask the instructor.
- ALL students in every class must have the proper footwear.
- ALL students must wear their hair up off their faces for class. Please make sure to use a rubber band. For example, braids, pony tails, and buns are acceptable. If for any reason your child does not have a rubber band, one may be made available for them to borrow for the time they are in class.
- Make sure to put your child’s name on their apparel. This includes shoes, leotards, tutus, skirts, tights, bags, etc. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. We suggest you keep your apparel in a dance bag.
B. Before Class:
- No students are allowed in the dance room without a teacher present. They must remain by their parents until the teacher calls them in for class to begin. This is important to allow the teacher to be well prepared for the class which will benefit the students’ learning environment.
- There are to be no parents or siblings allowed in the dance studio at any time unless allowed by the instructor. This allows the students to be focused on learning and to not be distracted for any reasons.
- No running in the dance school, and absolutely no hanging on the barres.
C. During Class:
- For safety purposes, students are expected to walk in and out of the dance room. No running is allowed.
- The door to the dance studio will remain closed during the class. Students are expected to remain in the dance studio during class, unless it is an emergency. In this case, the students need to notify their teacher before leaving the room.
- If you notice that your child is misbehaving, please talk to the instructor after class about the situation. Do not open the door, walk in, and call your child’s name from across the room. This not only disrupts the lesson, but is disrespectful to the other children in the class.
- When students are working at the barre in the dance studio, the children are to keep their feet on the floor at all times. Children are not to climb their feet up the wall or hang on the barre, for their own safety. Please talk to your preschooler about this unsafe action.
- Children cannot leave class alone. Their parent must accompany them.
D. Recital Information:
- Each student in the dance department participates in a recital every year. The recital is held at a nearby auditorium, on the weekend.