James and Robin Jeffers founded J&R Gymnastics in 1990 and they continue to enjoy coaching and managing gym operations. At the heart of all programming is a desire to provide superior instruction that is fun and challenging to all students at all levels of experience. The staff train monthly to better provide great customer service and to learn new and varied coaching techniques. Participating at J&R will ensure you are being trained by the best in the gymnastics and cheerleading industry.
Our Mission Statement
The staff has put their goals into words and developed the following Mission Statement. This applies to everything we do here, not just certain classes or programs. We ask that you review this mission and let us know how we are doing.
- Provide a fun learning environment
- Provide opportunity for mental and physical growth
- Empower participants to feel positive about themselves
- Encourage a love of learning new things
- Help participants master and refine skills
- Help participants take responsibility for their own success
Throughout our programming, the self-esteem of each participant is of utmost consideration. Happy, healthy, responsible individuals are what we wish to help develop.
Why is physical activity for kids so important?
Young children who engage in 40 minutes of normal vigorous activity each day have significantly stronger bones than their less active peers, according to new research presented in the July issue of Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, the official scientific journal of the American College of Sports Medicine.
The researchers at the Center for Disease control report that youth who undertake lifestyle exercise programs that increase physical activity, reduce the intake of high-caloric foods and involve parents have the best chance of preventing and reducing obesity over the long-term.
Researchers at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School found a relationship between physical activity and children’s self-esteem. The more time children ages 10 to 16 spent being active, the higher their self-efficacy and self-esteem were reported to be.
“Some of the Benefits of Gymnastics” – USECA Newsletter, July 200
“Everyday vigorous activity increases bone strength in children” – Technique August 2004, Volume 24
Why Choose Gymnastics?
Gymnastics is perhaps one of the most comprehensive “lifestyle exercise programs” available to children, incorporating strength, flexibility, speed, balance, coordination, power, and discipline.
Gymnastics and early childhood movement education are directly attributed to developing neurological pathways in students and promoting reading readiness. While the preschool gymnastics teacher runs about and plays with the children in her class, she is preparing her students for successful experiences in school; children who have participated in movement education activities have longer attention spans, increased communication skills, general problem solving skills and improved self-esteem.
Benefits of our Programs
- J & R Gymnastics has been providing quality gymnastics and exercise training since 1990.
- J & R’s coaching staff is highly trained in gymnastics, sports & exercise, athletic training, and child development.
- Our Super Star Staff attends the yearly Gymnastics Association of Texas Conference. This conference provides the latest and best training and instruction in the area of gymnastics and children’s sports training.
- J & R’s facilities have all the gymnastics apparatus; Vault, Beam, Bars, High Bar, Parallel Bars, Pommel Horse, Still Rings, and Spring Floors. We also have in-ground trampolines, tumble trampolines, and in-ground pits.
- J & R has a varied schedule with morning, afternoon, evening, and weekend classes.
Proud member of the New Braunfels, San Marcos, Kyle, Wimberley and Seguin Chambers of Commerce and USA Gymnastics